Australians deserve better support to become more physically active.
Sign the petition and join ourcampaign to ensure the Government act quickly to promote Access, Fairness and Quality in the development of policy that supports over six million people not active enough to be more physically active.
1. PROVIDING MORE ACCESS TO EXERCISE BY REMOVING GST FROM EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGY.
2. PROVIDING MORE ACCESS TO EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE WITH CHRONIC DISEASE THROUGH MEDICARE.
3. PROVIDING MORE ACCESS TO EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES THROUGH THE NATIONAL DISABILITY INSURANCE SCHEME.
4. PROVIDING MORE ACCESS TO EXERCISE FOR AT RISK POPULATIONS BY DEVELOPING A NATIONAL PHYSICAL ACTIVITY STRATEGY.
The opportunity to lead an active life needs to be supported at a range of levels, and in many cases, it is factors outside the direct control of individuals that determines individuals’ ability to be more active.
All levels of government and other key stakeholders have a large role to play in supporting individuals to live a more active life from building cities that encourage activity, to appropriately funding and resourcing physical activity in healthcare.
With the launch of ESSA for an Active Nation, ESSA is shining a spotlight on physical activity.
We want every person to experience the physical, mental and social health benefits of living an active life.
We want physical activity and exercise to be valued through appropriate policies, resourcing and funding.
We want to make sure that being active is not reserved for only those that can afford to pay.
We are calling on you and the people you vote for to support over six million people insufficiently active through:
• Enshrining Access, Fairness and Quality in the development of health, aged care and disability policies on exercise services provided by accredited exercise scientists and physiologists.
• Committing more resources in the next Federal Budget to ensure all Australians can access quality exercise services provided by accredited exercise scientists and physiologists.